I am hard pressed to believe it but just pleased as punch to say it: I have been nominated for the Shine On Blogger Award. How very nice!!
This is a peer-to-peer award which means that another blogger has thought enough of your contribution to the online community to nominate you. In my case I have to thank labellestudio for the kind nod. If you haven’t seen her blog, you can head over there by clicking through on the picture above.
Question Me An Answer
As part of one’s acceptance, you must answer five questions that your nominating blogger has posed. Think of it like an acceptance speech in which your subject matter is assigned rather than left up to you. It’s cool, though. Here are the questions labellestudio asked me along with my answers.
A. If you were to get a part in Star Trek series, which kind of alien would you rather play?
Romulan! Yup, Romulan. Of course, if they gave me a part, I could be flexible.
B. Which dish are you unable to resist?
This is a tough one for me. I seem to have difficulty resisting a lot of dishes. It’s true!
I guess I’d put good home-made fried chicken, fried okra and roasted brussel sprouts
at the top of the list. [That’s three. I know.]
C. If a country would give you an island for free to live and reign on, what would you call it?
D. What would be your favorite pet?
I love dogs and horses. Horses aren’t really pets, so dogs it is. Just about any kind.
E. Photography in color or black and white?
Well, that’s a tricky one, too. Good question! I think I’ll come down on the color side.
I love good black and white photography. I just think that it takes a better eye or at
least a trained eye to come up with a good black and white photo.
So now that’s done, it’s my turn to nominate 5 distinguished bloggers for the Shine On award. There are tons of great blogs out there that are deserving of recognition. Here are my nominees – 5 blogs you should be taking a look at if you aren’t following their posts already.
Follow The Yellow Brick Road
I’m sorry! I meant to say “Follow these 5 simple rules.” For the nominees to accept, they’ll have to follow these 5 rules.
- Link back to and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Post the badge on your blog.
- Answer the questions posed to you.
- Nominate five bloggers who shine a little light in your day and notify them.
- Ask five questions for your nominees.
Answer Me A Question
Here are the questions I have for my nominees. I look forward to reading the answers!
1. If – like Merlin in the Disney animated movie “The Sword In The Stone” – you could transform into an animal for a day, what animal would you transform into?
2. What is your favorite pasta shape, and what is the way you like it prepared best?
3. How do you get your new music? I.e., do you hear it via radio, YouTube, iTunes, cable TV, etc.?
4. Speaking of music, do you play (have you played) any musical instruments? If yes, which ones?
5. What current TV show (including cable and web series) do you like the best?
And finally, let me leave you with this adieu —